TERMS & CONDITIONS
Le Grand Adventure Tours, Inc. Booking Terms and Conditions
Prior to participating in the Tour, each and every Client must:
- Complete and sign the Booking Terms and Conditions Agreement (completed at registration.)
- Complete and sign the Liability Release;
- Complete and sign the Client Profile Form;
- Provide the Company with copies of the completed documents above, and the Tour Deposit or Purchase Price, as applicable, in cash or equivalent;
- Pay the Company the Tour Price for the Tour in full, if Client has not done so already.
– Multi-Day Tours
- A Deposit is required for all Multi-Day Tours lasting twenty-four hours or longer, if Client seeks to reserve a spot on the Tour more than ninety (90) days prior to the Date of Departure. The Deposit amount is twenty percent (20%) of the Tour Price.
– Custom and Private Multi-Day Tours
- A Deposit is required for all Multi-Day Tours lasting twenty-four hours or longer, if Client seeks to reserve a spot on the Tour more than ninety (90) days prior to the Date of Departure. The Deposit amount is fifty percent (50%) of the Tour Price.
Cancellations and refunds
- 90 days or more prior to Departure: LGA will retain the 20% deposit as an “Adventure Deposit” for a future trip. Full refund will be given.
- 60-89 days prior to Departure: LGA will retain 50% of the total Tour Price and the deposit will be held as an Adventure Deposit for a future trip.
- 59 days or less prior to Departure: LGA will retain 100% of the total Tour Price.
- Weather: Le Grand Adventure Tours cannot be held responsible for snow and/or weather conditions. Trips cannot be cancelled or amended on the basis of snow and weather conditions.
- Early Departures, No Shows, Dismissal: Le Grand Adventure Tours cannot be held responsible for early departures, no shows, dismissal or medical reasons. No refunds, reimbursements or discounts will be granted if, for any reason, Client misses the Tour, fails to join the Tour, leaves the Tour, is dismissed from the Tour, or cannot fully participate in the Tour. There are no refunds or partial refunds for any unused aspects of the trip or if the client can’t fully participate in the tour for any reason. This includes leaving early for medical reasons. Any Refunds will be at the discretion of Le Grand Adventure Tours if you are involuntarily forced to leave a tour for any reason.
- Travel Insurance is required on our trips to avoid the financial risks related to cancellations, involuntary early departures, medical reasons or any other travel related problems.
- 48 hours prior to the Date of Departure: the Client will receive a one hundred percent (100%) refund of the total Tour Price.
- 24 hours prior to the Date of Departure: the Client will receive a fifty percent (50%) refund of the total Tour Price.
- Within 24 hours prior to the Date of Departure: the Client will not receive a refund.
GROUPS AND PRIVATE TOURS
The Deposit and Canceled Tour policies, for custom and private trips only, may be varied from above by written agreement between the Parties prior to the execution of the booking.
Le Grand Adventure Tours reserves the right to alter, amend or cancel any trip should any circumstance necessitate this. Trips must meet a minimum amount of participants for the trip to be confirmed. Should the trip be cancelled prior to the trip, due to weather, not meeting minimum number of participants, or any other circumstance, the customer will receive a full refund via the same method paid or the option to re-book a different tour. Customers take full responsibility in knowing the Operator is not able to control weather and there is always the possibility of rain, wind, snow or fog. Conditions can change at any moment and without notice. Should the Operator need to cancel the tour during the tour due to forces of nature, circumstances beyond our control or any other reason, no refunds will be provided.
Payment for the Tour is due in full, in U.S. Dollars, as follows:
- For tours lasting less than twenty-four (24) hours, payment in full is due before the Tour begins.
- For tours lasting twenty-four (24) hours or longer, payment in full is due ninety (90) days prior to the Date of Departure (the “Payment Due Date”). If the Tour Price is not paid in full on the Payment Due Date, Client understands and agrees that Company may consider Client’s Tour a Canceled Tour in accord with what is outlined under “Canceled Tours.”
During the Tour, each Child (age 17 or younger) must be accompanied by an Adult, such that the Adult-Child ratio is always at least one (1) Adult for each Child. Unless otherwise indicated, the minimum age of a Client is twelve (12). If the Adult accompanying the Child is not the Child’s parent, or the Child’s parents are divorced, then a “Parental Consent Guardianship Form” must be signed by the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of the Child and received by the Company prior to the Tour.
The Tour involves numerous risks beyond the Company’s control, including, but not limited to, loss or damage to personal property, delays, mechanical breakdowns, or inclement weather. Client understands and agrees that:
- The Company may cancel the Tour at any time prior to the Date of Departure if there is extreme weather, or any other external event prevents the Tour from being financially viable. If Company cancels the Tour prior to departure, Client is entitled to a full refund of the Tour Price.
- If, in the sole discretion of the Company, the Company deems it advisable to shorten, vary, or re-route the Tour, the Company may do so in its sole discretion. Client is solely responsible and will pay for any and all additional expenses incurred if the Tour route, accommodations, or modes of transportation change due to local circumstances outside the Company’s control.
- In no case may Client recover damages against Company in excess of the Tour Price for an event outside of the Company’s control.
- The Company has no responsibility or liability if the Client breaks any law or regulation in any country.
Expectations vary greatly from person to person, and the Company cannot guarantee to meet all the expectations of the various people who participate in the Tour. Client understands and agrees that the Company is not liable for any damages if the Tour does not meet Client’s particular expectations. This includes, but is not limited to, Client’s expectations regarding the weather, quality or quantity of snow, ski and snowboard areas, mountain bike trails and conditions, road biking roads and conditions, surf conditions, hiking trail conditions, stand up paddling waterways, the quality or quantity of coaching and guiding, the quality or type of accommodation, the standard or type of transportation, the style of trip leadership and organization, and the extent of Client’s improvement at any sport or skill.
Client agrees to accept the authority of the Tour leaders and guides at all times. Client understands and agrees that if Client refuses to accept the direction of the Tour leaders or guides, maintains a disruptive attitude, or continually takes a dangerous approach to outdoor activities, the Company, in its sole and subjective discretion, may dismiss Client from the Tour.
The Tour Price listed in this Agreement and on www.legrandadventuretours.com is listed in U.S. Dollars. The Tour Price is based on many variables, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, rooming arrangements, exchange rates, and a minimum group size. Client understands and agrees that the Company may adjust the Tour Price in the Company’s sole discretion at any time more than sixty (60) days prior to the Date of Departure. However, if the adjusted Tour Price increases the original Tour Price by more than ten percent (10%) of the original Tour Price, Client has seven (7) days from the date of the price increase to elect to have the Tour considered a Canceled Tour as of the date of the price increase, and the Parties will follow the procedure detailed in “Canceled Tours/Multi-Day Tours-1.”
Client Profile Form
Client will complete the Client Profile Form
- If copies of the completed Forms are not provided to the Company thirty (30) days prior to any Multi-Day Tours, the Client’s Tour will be considered a Canceled Tour.
- The Company will use the information on the completed Form to evaluate whether Client possesses the physical and mental capability necessary to safely and successfully complete the Tour. The Parties agree that the Company may refuse to provide the Tour to anyone on reasonable grounds. If a dispute arises between the Parties as to the Client’s physical or mental suitability for the Tour, Company will refer the Client to a qualified medical professional of the Company’s choosing, at Client’s expense, who will make a determination.
- Client warrants that all information provided to Company by the Forms is accurate and up to date. Client understands and agrees that they are solely liable for any damage that results from Client’s errors or omissions on the Forms.
Tour will involve risks above and beyond those encountered on a conventional holiday vacation, including, but not limited to, on and off piste skiing and snowboarding, mountain biking, road biking, surfing, stand up paddle boarding (SUP) and other outdoor activities. Client understands and agrees that the above-mentioned activities involve inherent dangers that can result in serious injury, paralysis, and even death. Client agrees they understand and accept personal responsibility for these risks. The Company hires guides and instructors, which helps reduce the dangers of the Tour, but in no case can all inherent risks to Client be eliminated. Client agrees that, while guides and instructors may provide Client with advice and directions, it is ultimately Client’s responsibility to determine the limits of Client’s capability and avoid crossing these limits. Client understands and agrees that Company, its guides, and instructors are not responsible for the choices and decisions Client makes during the Tour that lead to accidents, injuries, or even death. Client accepts sole responsibility for their actions during the Tour. The Tour also involves dangers due to the countries and regions included on the Tour. The Tour may visit geographical regions where, among other things, the standards of accommodation, transport, safety, hygiene, cleanliness, medical facilities, telecommunications, and infrastructure are not up to the legal standards required by the Client’s country of citizenship. The safety of roads and standard of driving practices is lower in some of these regions relative to what Client is accustomed to. Client understands and agrees that Company does not guarantee Client’s safety while traveling with Company.
In exchange for participating on the Tour, Client grants Company and its assigns the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs, video, or audio recordings of Client, for editorial, advertising, promotion, or any other purpose and in any manner and medium, and to alter and compose the same without restriction or Client’s inspection and approval. By signing this Agreement, Client releases Company and Company’s assigns from any and all claims and liability relating to said photographs, video footage, or audio materials.