Have You Ever Thought About Booking a Guided Mountain Bike Adventure?
Does this describe you?
- Passionate mountain biker
- Love exploring new trails around the world
- Enjoy learning new skills
- Love meeting new people with similar interests
Yes? Then a guided mountain bike trip is exactly what you need. Does your dream vacation involve two wheels and perfect single track? If so, then here are 5 Reasons to Book Guided Mountain Bike Adventures:
1. Ease of Travel
No need to worry about bike rentals if you don’t want to bring your bike. Don’t worry about getting lost on the trail or route finding in a new area. We know the best local transportation, places to eat and places to stay. Our guided all inclusive mountain bike trip allow you to do one thing, ride your bike!
A true mountain bike tour company will provide:
- airport transfers
- the best local healthy meals
- comfortable accommodations
- access to quality bike rentals
- offer mountain bike skills & instruction
- bike assembly (arrival & departure)
- minor tune-ups while riding and bike maintenance during the trip
2. Local Guides
Local single track knowledge as well as the surrounding area, is invaluable when traveling to a new destination with a mountain bike. Local mountain bike guides know the trails like the back of their hand, the best access, their favorite trails, local hotspots, secret trails and the best place to eat after a big ride. Not to mention, they will also be able to show you the best place for a post-ride beverage and other local hotspots to visit on your down time. Guides will also offer an authentic local experience that goes beyond the typical “follow me” mountain bike trip. When the trail turns right and everyone else is going that way, the guide will go left and show you the better trail! Going with local guides allows you to gain an in-depth experience of that destination. A guide will be able to help you learn some of the following:
- Local trails surrounding the area
- The destinations culture, cuisine, customs and hotspots
- Local geology, swimming holes, flora and fauna
- How to be prepares and travel safely in that destination (local transportation, managing cash vs credit, tipping policies, etc.)
- Guides will also be prepared to handle emergency situations and have direct access to support
3. Small Groups
A great mountain bike tour company will focus on quality vs. quantity of people on the tour. They don’t jam pack dozens of riders on a trip to just sell it out. Instead, they focus on small group experiences that allow each rider to truly ride their bike while on the trip. Joining a multi-day mountain bike tour allows you to meet guides, new friends and other riders from around the world to create lifelong friendships. The bonus of this is visiting those friends in the future and riding with them as your local mountain bike guide. Hopefully they will show you a favorite trail or two of their own and maybe you can do the same for them.
4. New Skills and Techniques
With the sport of mountain biking constantly changing, it’s important to keep up to date on the latest trends. Guides know the newest gear, techniques and set ups to help you dial in your riding. The best way to learn new mountain bike skills is to learn from other riders and certified guides. Joining a guided mountain bike trip will give you the time, focus and new riding partners to gain confidence to step out of your normal comfort zone to learn new skills. The best guided trips will include:
- route finding techniques
- skills development and
- ongoing trail-side instruction
5. A True Biking Vacation!
Booking a guided mountain bike trip will allow you to not worry about the logistics of local travel, learning new trails from some random internet source, piecing together dozens of segments to make one ride, and allowing you to live in the moment to truly escape from the events. Guided bike trips allow you to not have to worry about planning the next day’s itinerary, where to stay, eat, or worst case-getting lost.
All you will have to do is:
- ride your bike
- laugh a lot
- relive your videos and pictures from the day
- share your memorable moments
- reminisce about the heart-pumping singletrack over a cold beverage and wanting to ride more the next day!
Get out and explore…
Now that you have checked out the 5 Reasons to Book Guided Mountain Bike Adventures…Check out our Multi-Day Mountain Bike Adventure Trip to Davos & St. Moritz, Switzerland. If you’re looking for one day of riding, check out our Santa Cruz, Ca Mountain Bike Day Tour. More trips being announced soon…